An Even More Capable Commander
A collaboration between veteran RC aircraft designer David Payne and Aircraft Studio Design founder Mirco Pecorari, the original Commander mPd® 1.4m blended classic lines with modern influences for a one-of-a-kind sport flying experience. It's now updated and upgraded for more power and better control, and to include the benefits of Smart technology — making it more capable and fun to fly than before! The new brushless power system features a 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC plus a specially-tuned motor to deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery. Control response, with stronger, more precise metal-geared servos, is so smooth and predictable that anyone moving up from a trainer will feel comfortable right away. The BNF® Basic version includes an AR631 receiver to deliver real-time telemetry data along with AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. With these advantages and more, the Commander mPd 1.4m is the perfect next step, first low wing, or everyday sport model for a wide variety of pilots!
- Updated and upgraded for more power, better control, plus Smart technology to make it more capable and fun fly than ever before
- Incredibly unique and visionary design by Mirco Pecorari and David Payne (mPd) for classic looks plus modern performance
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect "next step" after a trainer and an excellent "everyday" model
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular 3S and 4S 2200–3200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite® and HobbyZone® trainer airplane models
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Six durable, precise and higher torque metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings and improved slow-speed performance
- Two-piece wing with convenient hands-free connections for easy storage/transport
- Factory-finished in a vibrant trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue and only 8 screws required
Advanced Technology And A Timeless Look
David Payne and Mirco Pecorari drew from many full-scale and model aviation influences when designing the Commander mPd® 1.4m sport airplane. They wanted it to stand out from the crowd while having the pilot-friendly flight characteristics of traditional sport planes. This updated and upgraded version is all that and more! Easy to take off, fly, and land, it's the perfect "next step" after a trainer. In the hands of experienced pilots, it's also capable of higher speeds and high-energy aerobatics. The 3S and 4S compatible brushless power system, combined with a light wing loading plus factory-installed metal-geared servos and flaps, gives the Commander mPd 1.4m a wide flight envelope. It's smooth and predictable, with power to spare for performing rolling circles, knife-edge flight, and beyond. While you fly, the exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the Bind-N-Fly® Basic version's AR631) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters. The Bind-N-Fly® Basic version also offers the handling benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. An innovative Hands-Free Servo Connection System automatically plugs in the aileron and flap servo connectors when you install the two-piece wing with just 4 bolts. The Commander mPd 1.4m arrives factory-finished in an exclusive Aircraft Studio Design trim scheme and requires no glue for assembly. That means you can have it ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The BNF® Basic version is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
The Commander mPd® 1.4m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.
Wide Flight Envelope
The light wing loading and factory-installed flaps work together to give the model a wide flight envelope. Control response is so smooth and predictable that anyone making their "next step" from a trainer will feel comfortable right away. More experienced pilots will find that aerobatics like rolling circles, knife-edge flight and beyond feel crisp and precise and can be performed with power to spare.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC plus a specially-tuned motor to deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
The composite-reinforced EPO airframe is lightweight yet durable. And the six factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages are faster, stronger, and more precise.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the Commander mPd® ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The two-piece wing with hands-free connections bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport. Plus it's factory-finished in an exclusive and unique trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design.
- Approximate Assembly Time
- Less Than One Hour
- Sold Separately
- Sold Separately
- Completion Level
- Minimum Required Radio
- Full-Range 5–6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® (sold separately)
- Motor Type
- Brushless - Outrunner
- Power Type
- Product Length
- 45" (1143 mm)
- Product Weight
- 62 oz (1770g) w/o Battery; 70.55 oz (2000g) w/4S 2200mAh Battery
- Sold Separately
- Recommended Motor Battery
- 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200–3200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector (sold separately)
- Skill Level
- Level 2
- Speed Control
- Smart, AS3X and SAFE
- Trim Scheme Colors
- Blue / White
- 55.12" (1400 mm)