AX90060 SCX10 II '17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRC RTR
The Axial SCX10 II 2017 Jeep Wrangler CRC Edition is the first release in the second generation of SCX10 II RTR scale trucks. Some of the unique parts included in the CRC Wrangler are CRC front and rear bumpers, unique rock sliders with additional body-mounting points, molded front and rear fenders and a CRC-inspired hood. Additional external scale features consist of molded side mirrors, door handles, windshield wipers, hood latches and a full set of lights (six in total) that mount into a realistic front radiator/light bucket combo.
The 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRC edition builds on the wildly popular SCX10 II chassis, a proven platform that includes unique features that have made this truck a top performer in its class. High-clearance AR44 high-pinion axles, a chassis mounted servo (CMS), re-designed AX10 transmission case and tough steel suspension links are just a few of the performance parts tucked away under the detailed Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited body.
AR44 HI-PINION AXLES
In 2008, the AX10™ axle was used in the launch of the SCX10™ chassis platform. While developing the next iteration of axles such as the AR60, the thought process began on what kind of axle would be best for the future of the SCX10™. Axial’s development of a new axle needed to feature three key design points. First, an axle housing to visually quench the thirst of scale enthusiasts. Second, a gear set with the technical attributes to overcome the torque twist often associated with smaller gear sets. Third, the axle itself needed to retain the durability associated with the SCX10™, despite being delivered in a smaller axle housing. After seven years of utilizing the original AX10™ axle and two years of development, Axial is proud to introduce our newly developed AR44 axle with the industry's first high pinion gear set. The next chapter of the Axial SCX10™ begins with scale realism backed with true technological development!
• High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
• The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
• Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
• Single piece axle housing for added strength
• 1-piece all-metal locker front and rear
• Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
• Bolt on link mounts
• Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
• Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously. This reduces torque twist which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
AR44™ UNIVERSAL AXLE SET
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
• Up to 45 degrees of steering
• Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
• Compact yet durable design
• Hardened steel construction
The AR44™ axle was designed for both aesthetics and functionality. To improve upon the older AX10™ axle, we designed the steering components with an 8 degree kingpin angle which results in a positive scrub radius. Making this change to the pivot point means less tire scrub for steering efficiency and less load on the steering servo.
• 8 degree kingpin angle
• Improved scrub radius over the AX10™ axle
E-5L ESC WITH DRAG BRAKE, WATERPROOF
The Axial AE-5L ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched in the field between LiPo and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no more complex procedures.
• LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights.
• Male Star Plug lead - compatible with the most common polarized plug.
• Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
• Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
• Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
NOTE: LED LEADS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OUR OLD LED LIGHT STRINGS, or THIRD PARTY LED LIGHT STRINGS. Connecting your old LED light strings to these leads will cause damage to the AE-5L ESC and the light strings.
SCALE DETAILS INCLUDED!
The SCX10 II 2017 Jeep Wrangler CRC Edition includes realistic molded scale detail parts such as a molded plastic radiator with LED light holders for head lights and turn signal markers, side mirrors, door handles, plastic hood latches, wipers, CRC front and rear bumpers, rock rails, stylish front and rear fenders, and rear LED holders with red tail light lenses.
NOTE: installation of some items required. Hardware included.
Length: 19.25" (489mm)
Width: 8.9" (226mm)
Height: 9.4" (239.4mm)
Wheelbase: 12.3" (313mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.0" (77mm)
Weight: 4.5lbs (2.04kg) estimated with electronics
Motor: 35T brushed motor
Radio: Tactic TTX300 3-CHANNEL SLT RADIO, 2.4gHz
Servos: Tactic TSX45 Servo. Torque: 6.0V 151 oz-in, 4.8V 143 oz-in
ESC: AE-5L, forward/reverse, drag brake, 3S LiPo compatible, waterproof
Needed to Complete:
- Battery & Charger
- (4) AA batteries for transmitter